[BlueOnyx:17745] Re: new server setup

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jun 2 22:22:38 -05 2015

On 6/2/2015 9:36 PM, Tom wrote:
> Tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:
>
> First let me say Thank You for the help in trying to find a solution to
> this error.
> With that said:
> After several hours of researching and trying every possible scenario to
> fix my IP configuration problem, I have come to the conclusion that the
> instruction located at CMU Migration FAQ located here:
> http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrationsis missing one key
> step.
>
> Once you have exported all the necessary files, from the old server to the
> new server, shut down the old server. On the new server, login through the
> GUI and change the IP addresses for primary and secondary interface, to
> match the old server. Then continue with the import portion of CMU.

Strictly speaking, I would not say that's necessary.   We've migrated,
well, I don't know how many servers and it's always possible to reassign
an IP address after the fact.

I think you may well have run into an issue, but I don't think it's
source was procedural with the CMU migration.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services