[BlueOnyx:17802] Re: More Roundcube issues - fixed (part 2)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 15 20:33:01 -05 2015

Hi Chris,

> Excellent.  That got it working.   Sorry if I missed that somewhere, but
> thank you for the assist!   Customer will be happy to have some webmail
> to start their week.

I just published updated base-apache for all BlueOnyx versions. This
takes the previously taken measures a bit further and now also takes
care of adding the PEAR path to open_basedir.

The problem is actually two-fold there: To get a newer RoundCube working
(so that you can login and read emails) we need the PEAR module
"Net_IDNA2" installed. Which we usually didn't have.

The update from a bit back dealt with that and installed it. But to be
able to *send* emails from RoundCube we need a couple of additional
modules, too.

So I updated the constructor fix_php_conf.pl in base-apache to check for
the currently installed PHP versions and to check if all of them have
all the required modules. If need be the missing modules will be installed:

Net_IDNA2
Net_SMTP
Net_Sieve
Net_Socket
Mail_Mime
Auth_SASL

On all platforms but 5209R it then also checks which PHP version is
active (PHP of the OS or Solarspeed PHP) and then adds the correct path
to the PEAR classes to open_basedir.

On 5209R the path to the correct PHP PEAR directory was already
implemented. As we support multiple different PHP versions there at the
same time I already had that sorted in base-vsite of 5209R.

TL;DR: The latest base-apache in YUM will make sure your RoundCube
install has all the needed PEAR modules and it will make sure your PHP
gets the correct open_basedir path set so that it'll work out of the box.