[BlueOnyx:17813] Re: GUI suggestion

Tigerwolf tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Tue Jun 16 12:14:05 -05 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Tom wrote:

> I personally think the GUI couldn't get any better. Everything is so
> easy to find. And on my screen there is no getting lost of anything,
> running full screen, (I run 1080p). Maybe your color scheme is causing
> anomalies or your resolution is set lower? FYI I am using the default
> color scheme.

Oh, it's not a resolution or anomaly thing, and the basic GUI is fine once
you know where to look for things.  Just the older version dosn't show the
hostname on each screen, so if you've got several machines in admin mode,
and there's no browser bar, it's hard to tell which screen is which host.
Using different page color schemes can help and I take advantage of that.

As Michael pointed out, the hostname is on the newer GUI screens, so
there's no issue going forward.  It's just we old legacy users that are
too senile to remember 'the green one is Bengal' and 'the orange one is
Ocelot' that need more memory aids.