[BlueOnyx:17897] Re: Stupid Question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 24 11:59:51 -05 2015

Hi Phil,

> So, I am trying 5209R to see how things are going in a VM environment.
>
> So, installed it, never read the bit that said "READ THIS" and cant log into
> the GUI.

Ah, ok. 5209R. I did get a report from another user which allowed me to
debug this a little. He also installed under VMware (ESX?). The problem
appears to be that the installer somehow used the XFS file system
instead of EXT4.

As a result disk quota wouldn't work and therefore the "admin" account
could not be created. Without "admin" account you won't be able to use
the GUI to finish the initial setup.

I'll need to look at this, because the kickstart script specifically
tells the installer: Use EXT4. Why it still defaults to XFS instead
under VMware? No idea.