[BlueOnyx:17924] Re: Vacation Message Not Working

Jeff Keller jeff at datatune.com
Sun Jun 28 23:27:48 -05 2015

Thanks David.  You must have used a different syntax because I wasn't able
to get your suggestion to work (and I'm not familiar enough with that file
to figure it out on my own).

Maybe somebody else on this list has a suggestion for changing
/usr/local/sbin/vacation.pl to ensure that the reply-to address doesn't get
incorrectly changed when using the vacation message and SRS encoding.
Perhaps the default settings in BlueOnyx aren't honoring the appropriate
SRS encoding??? (I'm grasping for solutions, to be honest).

If it would help others on the list, here's a section of the vacation.pl
file which likely contains the item which needs to be changed--I just don't
know "to what":

---------------

{

    #if    (/^From:\s*(.+)/)        { $from = $1;       }

    if    (/^From\s+(\S+)/)        { $from = $1;       }

    elsif (/^Reply-To:\s*(.+)/)    { $replyto = $1;    }

    elsif (/^Sender:\s*(.+)/)       { $sender = $1;     }

    elsif (/^Return-path:\s*(.+)/)  { $returnpath = $1; }

    elsif (/^Precedence:\s*(.+)/)   { $precedence = $1; }

    elsif (/^\tfor\s+(\S+)/)        { $for = $1;        }

    #elsif (/^$crlf/)                { goto breakloop    }

    elsif (/^$crlf/)                { last;             }

}

Thanks,

Jeff