[BlueOnyx:17165] phpMyAdmin for SiteAdmin — solved!

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sun Mar 1 11:04:26 -05 2015

I couldn't access the site's own MySQL database as SiteAdmin of a virtual server (or domain or site, however you call it) from the site administrator interface. This even though the database was created for this domain. The problem was that I created the database as Admin in the phpMyAdmin framed window of the server administrator interface in Server Management > Programs > phpMyAdmin.

One has to create the database as Admin not in the administrator's phpMyAdmin but in the site's management pages! Server Management > Site Management > www.domname.tld - Modify > Services > Web > MySQL user and database > [√]Enable and create the database there with Username, Password, Database Name etc.

Only then, when one logs in as SiteAdministrator, the phpMyAdmin framed window with its login appears in Site Management > Programs.

Best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~ www.WaveWeb.ch  ~
~ Zurich, Switzerland  ~