[BlueOnyx:17177] Re: Installing BlueOnyx on a Qube 3 can be possible?

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Wed Mar 4 13:03:40 -05 2015

If I can ask, why would you want to put that much work into repurposing
outdated hardware?  There are inexpensive ATOM and i3 devices today, or 2-3
year old used servers, that would allow a straightforward standard install
of BlueOnyx, and would outperform the Qube.

I have tons of old hardware, including some very nice HP/Compaq servers, as
well as some RaQ550 and Tyan servers that used to run Cobalt or BlueQuartz
software.  Every time I try to convince myself to reload them and put them
back in service, it just doesn't make sense.  They are going to the
recycler.