[BlueOnyx:17195] Re: TalkTalk bounce

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Mar 4 20:39:35 -05 2015

On 3/4/2015 12:45 PM, Barry Mishkind wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> At 10:14 AM 3/4/2015, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> If he's using an email client and SMTP-Auth (or webmail) and sends from
>> your server directly, then the mail should go through. Other than that
>> there is no easy way around this.
>          I'm using Eudora to send directly to the BX mail server.
>          using SMTP-Auth (587). Nevertheless, the local cox.cable
>          IP continues to show in the headers. Can you give me
>          a clue how to avoid/suppress the cox IP?

There's not a good way to hide the IP you're sending from.   But what
we're talking about here is that a well put-together receiving mail
system should not care about the IP address of the workstation used to
send the message.   Shouldn't.... which we know is not always the case.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services