[BlueOnyx:17196] Re: TalkTalk bounce

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 4 23:10:02 -05 2015

Hi Colin,

> Maybe something like this?
>
> http://www.devside.net/wamp-server/removing-senders-ip-address-from-emails-
> received-from-header

Many thanks for digging that one up. I had this procedure bookmarked
years ago but misplaced it.

Yeah, that's exactly how one can suppress these headers. In that case:
If you relay, then anything in the headers *before* it hits your
mailserver will be stripped out when the email is passed on to its final
destination.

I think it might be worthwhile to build that into the new GUI. A
checkbox or similar that allows to toggle it on and off. Default
behavior would be the way it is now and optionally you can suppress the
previous headers.

I'll look into it after I played a bit with it. The instructions at the
above URL aren't 100% clear cut if the edit in sendmail.mc suffices. I
think it might.