[BlueOnyx:17283] Re: ftp user directory access from web

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 12 00:03:16 -05 2015

Hi Tim,

> Moved the site to a 5207R
>
> Created ftpuser345 on the 5207R box
>
> Checked allow user access to ftp on the 5207R box
>
> When I try the URL I get.... not found
> http://www.clientdomainon5207R.com/~ftpuser345/web-cam.jpg
>
> Did something change regarding user directories, ftp, and web access?

In the GUI go to the Vsite in question:

"Site Managegemet", Site, "Services" / "Web".

See if the checkbox "Enabled user owned webs" is ticked. If it is
ticked, then it's possible to access the personal webspace of users via
http://fqdn/~username/

However: If suPHP is enabled (or PHP-FPM on 5209R), then "Enable user
owned webs" will get disabled and it cannot be enabled again for as long
as suPHP or PHP-FPM is being used for this Vsite.

This has to do with the way how these implementations of PHP (suPHP and
PHP-FPM) work, as they don't like to be served out of different web-roots.