[BlueOnyx:17304] Re: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure

Gregg K greggk1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 16 15:21:25 -05 2015

> Hi,
> Anybody have any suggestions?

I think I had a similar issue in the past.  If you manually kill dovecot and
all it's processes, and restart it, will it work then?
For some reason on one of my systems, dovecot hangs a lot, and there are
sometimes 50 to 90 processes just hanging there.  That's when I start
getting those errors.  I think it's when outlook disconnects sometimes for
some reason it doesn't disconnect properly from the server, at least that's
what I'm thinking.

Gregg