[BlueOnyx:17347] Re: Roundcube broken after php 5.5

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 22 14:52:11 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

> Last night I decided to upgrade all my servers to php 5.5
>
> Has anyone seen this? What do I need to do to roundcube or
> do I need to roll back to php 5.4?

I'm not really happy with RoundCube there either. If you're upgrading
PHP to 5.5, then you'll need the latest RoundCube (available on NewLinQ).

If you have that, then you still might need to do this:

In the php.ini of your PHP (either /etc/php.ini and/or
/home/solarspeed/php/etc/php.ini) make sure you have these set:

mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
mysqli.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
pdo_mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

The 1st one is set already. The other two aren't (yet) there or are
without value or are commented out.

Lastly:

Depending on which PHP you're using (OS supplied PHP or Solarspeed PHP)
go to the GUI and edit the server wide PHP settings ("System Settings" /
"Security" / "PHP"). Find the "open basedir" settings there.

If you're using the OS supplied PHP just add this:

/usr/share/pear

If you're using the Solarspeed PHP add this instead:

/home/solarspeed/php/share/pear

Save the changes. This will automatically add it to all PHP enabled
Vsites as well, so the saving will take a moment.

TL;DR:
======

RoundCube made things a bit complicated in the most recent builds. We're
trying to compensate with this with an updated base-vsite. On 5209R this
is already fully working and I'll backport these changes to all older
BlueOnyx versions as well within the next couple of days.