[BlueOnyx:17501] Re: mysqldump.sql

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Fri May 1 12:27:19 -05 2015

Hi Rich,

> How do I extract one MySQL database out of the mysqldum.sql file as I
> need to restore one that has been hacked? The size of the dump file is
> 134MB but the import limit in phpMyAdmin is 8MB.

You can edit the .sql file with your favorite text-editor. Search for
the db name, and you will see a statement with the dump of that database
starts. Delete every other dump of other databases in that text file (be
sure to save a copy before doing so), and you will have a dump file of
that one particular db, which by itself can be imported.
--
Maurice