[BlueOnyx:17509] Re: 5209R Question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 1 15:52:31 -05 2015

Hi Richard,

> Is 5209R still beta or production?

It's more or less ready for production as it is. However, there are
still one or two things that I want to add before I say "it's out of
beta". Such as adding IPv6 support. Adding such features naturally
entails the risk of "breaking" functionality or introducing new bugs,
which then need some time to fix. So right now I'd say: If you need
5209R functionality such as PHP-FPM or multiple PHP versions, then use
5209R. But be darn sure not to update against the 5209R-testing YUM
repository, as that will contain the experimental features (such as
IPv6) that I'm currently working on.

> Is there a version for Aventurin{e}?

Yes. "yum search ostemplate" will show you a 5209R OS template for
Aventurin{e}. Install that, create a VPS with it and "yum update" it.