[BlueOnyx:17553] Re: Bad ca-cert stopped the apache server on 5107R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 8 17:29:52 -05 2015

Hi Ernie,

> I just had a web developer upload a ca-cert to their vsite but he didn't
> check it and it had text comments in it from the CA which you are supposed to
> edit out first.

I just checked this and cannot reproduce it.

I uploaded a valid intermediate. Worked.

I uploaded a valid intermediate with comments at the bottom. That worked
as well and the comments were removed so that only the actual
intermediate itself was added to the Apache config.

I uploaded a random textfile that was not an intermediate and as
expected I got the error message that this wasn't a certificate.

So .... generally this seems to work as expected. But certainly in your
case it didn't.

Could you please email me the intermediate (with the comments) that your
client used to break Apache? I'd love to see what he did there and which
usage case we didn't catch.

Please email it to me offlist - if you can - and I'll take another look.