[BlueOnyx:17571] Re: Document root

Colin Jack colin at mainline.uk
Mon May 11 16:19:41 -05 2015

Hi Greg,

On 11/05/2015 21:46, "Greg Kuhnert" <gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au> wrote:

>Hi Colin
>
>> On 12 May 2015, at 1:00 am, Colin Jack <colin at mainline.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Strange one. I think maybe a yum update?
>>
>> 5208R
>>
>> We have a client running a wordpress site from /web/wordpress.
>> They have a holding page in /web and then when they went live on the site I just changed the document root in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/vsitex
>> All was fine for a couple of weeks then it reverted back to /web.
>>
>> What is the best way to make this stick? I presume sitex.include doesn't override sitex settings?
>>
>> We are using a Solarspeed package for WP and it doesn't like running in the root /web for some reason. Kept having permission errors. With plugins.
>
>The WHAM installer should work with install to the root of a vsite…  What are your errors?

We have used it with 6 or 7 sites and if it installs into the root we have all sorts of permission problems.
Firstly it installs as root ownership but much of the GUI based work requires apache to have write permissions.
I cannot remember all the problems but I do know we have had problems with every deployment - even with a sub-directory.

Our workaround has been to chown to apache but that then means users can’t use FTP to upload files.

If I do a manual install without using the WHAM module it all seems to work fine.

Colin