[BlueOnyx:17574] Re: Document root

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:07:22 -05 2015

Chris wrote:
> #1: Put the site in suPHP.
> #2: Make one of the site admin's the owner of the web.
> (Do both these tasks in the GUI.)
>
> That's it.   Drop your objections.  Trust in The Force.

Just to chime in here. Chris is TOTALLY right on this.

99% of my business is building WordPress sites for business clients. I
customize the heck out of it and use it as a CMS rather than for Bloging.

I create a special site admin ftp account that can be shared. This should
have email disabled and shared with users who can be trusted with FTP.

Then set the site ownership to that user in the GUI and use suPHP. This
WordPress installed this way everything just works.

Then you can give out WordPress accounts to each user individually and
everyone will be able to upload images and install plugins without problems.