[BlueOnyx:17599] Re: problems with a 5106 _ httpd / cced /admserv not working

Janwillem Ronken jw at veritekglobal.eu
Wed May 13 07:12:56 -05 2015

Hi Chris,
This one is not with you :( although I¹m moving now some content to the one
running as backup at Virtbiz.
Disks are r/w. No failures as far as I can see, reason raqbackup.sh did not
finish is because CMU export needs CCED to run..
I can start it, it says it¹s starting but result it the same.
Hope Michael can shine a light on itŠ it¹s also running one of our primary
dns servers and I¹m not keen to reboot it..
Thanks!
janwillem

On 5/13/2015 5:45 AM, Janwillem Ronken wrote:
>  Hi all,
>  Since this morning one of my servers experiences a strange problem.
>
>   1. The raqbackup did not backup any sites (and finished in 37 seconds
>      but without errors.
>   2. Httpd and adm server are not running anymore
>
>  Any ideas?? I¹d rather not reboot right now as I¹m scared that I will
>  loose accessŠ this server is far away from where I am at the moment.
>
>  Any help highly appreciated!

Make sure that the system has not gone into read-only on the disk. (or
one of its volumes, of course.)  If so, then you will certainly need a
reboot, and it may be that the system is experiencing a disk failure
(although we have witnessed boxes going into read-only for other reasons).

If this system is with us, please open a ticket right away so that we
can look into it for you!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services