[BlueOnyx:17612] Re: cmu.xml

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Fri May 15 14:34:37 -05 2015

Michael Stauber <mstauber at ...> writes:

> Hi Tom,
>
> > Actually the "cmu.xml" file is not missing. What happens is, if you
> > use "RaqBackup.sh" to do your backups, it tars all .xml files, then
deletes
> > all .xml files. Then it puts, via FTP, all tar.gz files to the remote
> > backup server.
>
> That's actually a configurable option. In raqbackup.sh you have the
> switch ...
>
> CMUTAR="1"
>
> ... and if you set that to "0" instead, it won't tar up the XML files.

Michael,
Thanks good to know. But then wouldn't all the XML files not get compressed
and be a lot larger, and take longer to ftp to a backup drive? Since I am a
novice in the world of programming, I didn't know what was going on, only
that I thought the cmu.xml was missing and cmuImport would fail with the
error cmu.xml was missing. The other night I read 50+ posts on the net
about this error and could not find a solution. The whole time it was right
in front of me.
Tom