[BlueOnyx:17650] Re: Raid1 issue

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Thu May 21 10:39:48 -05 2015

> Yeah, sdb is missing from the RAID array.
>
> You copied the partition layout from sda to sdb. Which gets you about
> half way there.
>
> What's missing:
>
> - You need to make sdb1 member of the raid array md0.
> - You need to make sdb2 member of the raid array md1.
>
> I believe this should do it:
> At least according to this guide:
>
> https://www.howtoforge.com/replacing_hard_disks_in_a_raid1_array

Hi Michael,
I did that once already but now it gives this:
[root at ns ~]# mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --add /dev/sdb1
mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdb1: Device or resource busy
[root at ns ~]# mdadm --manage /dev/md1 --add /dev/sdb2
mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdb2: Device or resource busy

I keep getting "mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdb1: Device or resource busy" when
I try anything. I followed the above mentioned instructions and
unfortunately I get the same results every time. So I'm either doing
something wrong or there are a couple of steps missing.
Is there a way to start the RAID setup from scratch, without having to Re-
install and migrate again?
Thank
Tom