[BlueOnyx:17706] Re: More Roundcube issues - confirmed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 27 20:03:46 -05 2015

Hi Gregg,

> Thanks for looking into it further. At least I know it wasn't just me.

Yeah, it's kinda sad.

The only mildly good part is: PEAR extensions don't need to be compiled.
They're "just" dropped in. We might be able to work out a constructor
that (on CCEd restarts) checks if the desired PEAR modules are present
for *all* the PHP versions that are currently present on that server. If
a PHP is found that is missing the module(s) and we currently have a
working network connection it runs the correct PEAR install command for
the PHP versions that need that module.

That wouldn't be ideal, but grants the most flexibility that covers
everything.