[BlueOnyx:18476] Re: Moving users

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Oct 7 11:14:53 -05 2015

Hi Colin,

On 10/7/2015 10:59 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> Here is one I have not been asked before ... is it possible to move users between vsites?
>
> So if we have a vsite www.domain.com with user1 and user2, can I move say user2 to another site on the same server like www.anotherdomain.com?

No, this is not strictly possible.   You would need to do this manually,
which is not a big deal, but can be tedious.   The steps would be
something like this:

1. Review account to be "moved", taking note of aliases, redirect /
autoresponder options and AV-SPAM options (if applicable).   Note those
settings to be copied / pasted into the new target account.

2. Via shell, copy the mailstore (user's mbox & mail directory) to a
safe location outside the users space.

3. Using BlueOnyx, delete the user out of the outgoing vsite, then
create the user in the new vsite.

4. Copy across the alias/redirect/autoresponder and AV-SPAM settings
from step 1.

5. Copy in the mailstore from step 2.

Obviously, that's a pretty high-level overview.   But you should get the
idea.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services