[BlueOnyx:18544] Re: SSL Help please

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Oct 19 10:20:47 -05 2015

Hi Colin,

> This is Thawte who I would have thought ought to be up to speed …

I haven't used a Thawte cert in many years, but yeah. I'd also expect
that they'd have their stuff together.

> Maybe move the website onto one of my later VPS?

If you move it to CentOS6, SL6 or CentOS7, then you'll have TLS v1.0,
v1.1 and v1.2 available. Plus a couple of more ciphers. So that gives
you a lot more options and I'd say: It's worth a try. If the SHA1
intermediates are the cause of the problems, then that won't go away,
though.