[BlueOnyx:18596] Re: Force SSL

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Oct 27 22:14:46 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

On 10/27/2015 9:52 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Although this new setting is very welcome to me, what I really did mean
>> with my last message, was to force a vsite to SSL, not the GUI :)
>
> No, it leaves the Vsites alone. But if you tick the checkbox you can
> force people to be redirected to the admin-URL that matches the SSL
> certificate of AdmServ. That might be useful for those that use a "real"
> certificate on AdmServ instead of a self signed one.

This is, indeed, a welcome addition.   It will help to eliminate the
calls from users who are put off by the fact that their browser gives
them "an error".   Although it's easily explained (though seldom
understood) I welcome the ability for our techs to avoid the
conversation entirely!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services