[BlueOnyx:18602] Re: SSL 5208R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Oct 28 06:36:53 -05 2015

Hi Tobias,

On 10/28/2015 6:10 AM, Tobias Gablunsky wrote:
>> So the best procedure is to follow the procedure that we outlined. And
>> to use the GUI for all parts of it. Or to not use the GUI for all parts
>> of it and then do it all "on foot".
>
> well there are i.e. wildcard certificates where you HAVE TO copy the certificate as well as the key from one machine to another.

Indeed, and I alluded to that in my response to BlueOnyx:18597.   I
think that's compatible with Michael's recommendation to either do
everything in the GUI or everything at CLI.

In the case of a wildcard cert example that you reference, you have most
likely already loaded the certificate onto Server #1.  That means you've
got a matching cert, key and CSR that you can copy to Server #2 (and so on).

Where the OP was getting hung up is creating the CSR on one server and
then attempting to install the cert on another, which will fail by design.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services