[BlueOnyx:18332] Re: Anacron job 'cron.daily' PANIC

Carl E. Hartung carlh04426 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 06:45:30 -05 2015

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 12:34:24 +0200
"Meaulnes Legler"@MailList wrote:

> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> /var/lib/webalizer/dns_cache.db page 1225 is on free list with type 13
> PANIC: Invalid argument
> PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

These last two lines are common Berkeley DB error messages. This group
of lines is saying the database /var/lib/webalizer/dns_cache.db is
corrupted. You can move (for later forensics) or delete this database
and it will be recreated the next time webalizer runs. Be sure webalizer
isn't running when you do this. I'd also recommend at least a quick
sanity check of the hard drive and filesystem health in case there is a
deeper cause for the corruption.

hth & regards,

Carl