[BlueOnyx:18433] Re: Hosts changing to localhost.localdomain

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 03:40:53 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

> The general format is this:
>
> Under ...
> # Entries for localhost and primary IP address:
>
> .. you will always have the 127.0.0.1. Additionally the public IP if one of the
> Network interfaces has the "real" flag set to "1". That is usually the case for
> eth0, eth1, eth2 (and so on) or venet0:0 in case of a VPS.
>
> If you only see 127.0.0.1 there, then apparently none of your CODB Network
> entries has the "real" flag set to "1". As long as the primary IP shows up
> somewhere else in another entry that should still be fine.

It all seems to be working fine - some with two 127 entries and some with one and on different platforms, so as long as it works I am cool!

I was just interested as to why some have:

127.0.0.1	localhost	localhost.localdomain
127.0.0.1	server		server.domain.com
166.66.67.68	server		server.domain.com

And others just have

127.0.0.1	localhost	localhost.localdomain
166.66.67.68	server		server.domain.com

Thanks again for all your help - this has been driving me nuts for years!

Kind regards

Colin