[BlueOnyx:19998] Re: postfix

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 19 10:11:38 -05 2016

Hi Dudi,

> I just erased postfix, was this an attempt to replace sendmail
> with postfix - or a glitch?

It's just a glitch. You should only have Sendmail installed and not
Postfix as well.

In older BlueOnyx ISOs there was a problem with Anaconda. It always
installed both Sendmail and Postfix and then activated Sendmail.

While this was sort of OK, it caused a host of small annoying problems
with dependencies.

In later ISO images we cleaned that up so that Postfix is no longer
installed. If you still have it, just run "rpm -e postfix" and it'll be
good.