[BlueOnyx:20327] Chinese text issue with the PHP + MSYQL pkg for 5209R.

Mon Chan mon.chan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 13:45:15 -05 2016

Hi Blue

We migrate one joomla 1.5 website with Chinese text(UTF8) form old 5209R to
new 5209R with PHP+MariaDBpkg. But the website show ??? for the Chinese
text after migrate.

The server already install PHP upg and MariaDB 10 in the new BlueOnyx5209R.
1. The site is using PHP5.4.16(OS support) under new 5209R.
2. I can view Chinese text in  using phpmyadmin and the table is using
"uft8_general_ci"
3. We try to login new side and try type chinese via joomla, i can view
chiniese in website, but phpmyadmin just show wrong code like ISO8851
4. We try install one more Blueonyx5209R , i can view the Chinese text.

So i dont know is PHP issue or DB issue.

BTW: Another MariaDB10 GUI bug, the account permission not set after create
the DB and account, need click "save" in MariaDB Permissions.

[image: Inline image 1]