[BlueOnyx:20364] Re: SSL

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 11:28:58 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> Is that your scenario?
>
> VPS name:	server.company.com
> VSite name:     www.company.com
> VSite alias:    mail.company.com

Scenario is slightly different:

VPS name:	server.company.com
VSite name:     	mail.company.com

We have a LetsEncrypt certificate on the VPS for FQDN server.company.com
We have a GlobalSign certificate on mail.company.com

When users connect to POP or SMTP they have their mail client using mail.company.com for incoming and outgoing server, so when it connects they then get a cert error, because the server cert is for server.company.com

> In that case it's like this:
>
> The BlueOnyx GUI has the SSL certificate for the FQDN server.company.com.
> That's then used for SMTP as well.
>
> When you go to the GUI page to create an Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for the
> Vsite www.company.com (and it has an alias!), then you will also see an item
> labled "SSL domain aliases", which has all the Vsite web aliases on the
> righthand side.
>
> Because by default we only request LE SSL certificates for the full FQDN and not
> any aliases. You will see mail.company.com on the righthand side in the table
> "SSL domain aliases". Move it to the left and the SSL certificate you request will
> be valid for both www.company.com and mail.company.com.

So what to do in this case? :)

Many thanks

Colin