[BlueOnyx:20410] Re: LetsEncrypt Expand

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 11:07:41 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

On 23/12/2016, 16:01, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:

    Hi Colin,

    > I want to expand this certificate to include another sub-domain.
    > Hopefully this can be done from the CLI  using certbot but no
    > matter what certbot commands I use I cannot get it to work.
    > I am just not providing certbot with enough information!
    >
    > Is anybody able to help?

    Please take a look at this URL, where you can see the code for the
    BlueOnyx Handler that generates and installs the LE certs:

    http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/ui/base-ssl.mod/glue/handlers/le_install.pl

    In line 103 you can see the command and the options that we pass to
    letsencrypt-auto.

    Starting in line 173 there are further steps to convert the received
    certificate from PKCS#8 to PKCS#1, so that we can import it into the
    GUI. See line 183 for the command for the conversion.

    Now here is something else what you can do: Find that Handler on your
    BlueOnyx at /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/ssl/le_install.pl and set the
    $DEBUG variable in line 8 from 0 to 1 and save the changes.

    Then use the GUI to create an AdmServ SSL cert while you run "tail -f
    /var/log/messages" in a shell. That will tell you exactly what commands
    the handler used to request the cert as it will also show you which
    variable values it passed on to letsencrypt-auto.

Many thanks

Lets see what I can do!

Regards

Colin