[BlueOnyx:19177] Re: cced.init taking forever to start.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Feb 23 09:50:20 -05 2016

On 2/23/2016 8:18 AM, Matthew Komar wrote:
> Had a machine not recover cleanly after a reboot. httpd and sshd didn't
> come up. was hanging on cced.
>
> I ran /etc/init.d/cced.init rehash
>
> to get things going. That got sshd and httpd back up but I then ran
>
> service cced.init restart
>
> to confirm that things would be normal at the next reboot ... it's been
> at that and in another terminal, running:
>
> service cced.init status gives me data which includes:
>
> Active: activating (start) since Mon 2016-02-22 23:08:20 EST; 10h ago

Yikes!  It's been spinning on the restart for 10 hours?

I've seen this sort of thing where the pam_abl history has run amok and
needs to be cleared out.

See if you can get any relief by blowing out your pam_abl history.

Michael has detailed that before with [BlueOnyx:06544]:
http://mail.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2011-February/006540.html

Then let us know.
--
Chris Gebhardt