[BlueOnyx:19222] unknown mailer error 127

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Mon Feb 29 14:17:58 -05 2016

I had a site that I migrated using CMU that evidently had a user that was close to or over quota. They reported today that emails were not being received and I looked and could see the account was over quota. They cleared out emails and now the account is under quota but is still receiving bounce backs with that error.

user at domain.com
    (reason: 127)

554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 127

I looked at the user directory and they only have just over 1MB of space being used, mbox file looks like it has correction permissions and has very little in it.

I could try and recreate the account if needed but would like to avoid that if possible?