[BlueOnyx:19236] Feature Request - Ability to set the blacklist message returned

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Mon Feb 29 19:41:15 -05 2016

Based on a few emails I sent out this last week it is sounding more and more like one should not mess with configuration options that are available in the GUI. So for example on all my systems I typically enable blacklist support for spamhaus and spamcop and specify the message that is returned to the sender when an email is rejected.

In the sendmail.mc file they have these two options already listed with the following error message

dnl FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org',`',`t',`Spam blocked - see http://ordb.org/')dnl
dnl FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`bl.spamcop.net',`',`t',`Spam blocked see: http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?$&{client_addr}')dnl

However when you enable blacklist support in the GUI it creates the following which will not have the extra error information in the returned email. I assume that if I was to manually tweak this that it could end up getting overwritten? If so then could we look at adding a text box that could optionally be filled out to provide the error message?

FEATURE(dnsbl, `sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org',,)
FEATURE(dnsbl, `bl.spamcop.net',,)

Also not sure if it matters but the default config uses enhdnsbl vs the GUI setting to dnsbl ?