[BlueOnyx:18978] Re: yum update

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed Jan 13 10:18:12 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> yum clean all
> yum update

I have also been experiencing strange things happening after YUM updates.
Now all cron.daily jobs won't automatically execute. So I followed your
advice and manually attempted to perform "yum clean all" and "yum update".
When doing "yum clean all" I get the following:
[root at ns ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running as pid 15882.
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
  The other application is: yum
    Memory :  90 M RSS (1.4 GB VSZ)
    Started: Sun Jan 10 04:47:53 2016 - 3 day(s) 5:22:55 ago
    State  : Sleeping, pid: 15882
Is there a way to correct this, as I am also getting the following message:
" There are updated Packages available for Packages that you already have
installed. Please upgrade the installed Packages to the latest available
versions."

Thanks in advance,
Tom