[BlueOnyx:19647] Re: Automated Server Backup

Joachim Klein j.klein at ibusiness.at
Fri Jun 3 07:56:49 -05 2016

Hy Richard!

I had the same problem like you and haven´t found a solution within raqbackup.
Then the solution is found with a nas-storage with snapshots.
On blueonyx I make backups with solbackup / raqbackup and transfer this via ftp
to this nas. Then with this I was possible to define a daily snapshot and retain 5 or 6 Days.
Then I defined a weekly snapshot and retain the last 4 weeks.
The same for month and year.
The storage isn´t very fast but makes a great job because it does also deduplication.

The NAS is from ctera (www.ctera.com<http://www.ctera.com>) for your info

OTHER solution:
Make Backups and then create the “snapshots” with rsnapshot (for daily, weekly, montly,..)

Have a nice weekend
Joachim