[BlueOnyx:19671] iptables not starting /fresh 5209R install

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Wed Jun 8 20:45:43 -05 2016

Fresh 5209R install

Went great other than this iptables issue

a) On boot/reboot (I noticed a message about iptables not starting)
something like ( Failed to start SYSV: Starts, stops and sa.... )  .

Haven't rebooted today to get the exact message. I suspect the great
minds of this list will not need the full message ;-)

b) Tried to start it via my webmin interface (boot & Shutdown actions )
and got this..

Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start ..
Starting iptables (via systemctl):  Job for iptables.service failed
because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl
status iptables.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[FAILED]

*tried the "systemctl status iptables.service" and "journalctl -xe"
suggestions

..... a bit over my head

c) Tried to start via the command prompt:

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start

Starting iptables (via systemctl):  Job for iptables.service failed
because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl
status iptables.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

[FAILED]

Thanks

--Tim