[BlueOnyx:19693] Re: YUM Update errors

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 10 18:21:03 -05 2016

Hi Tom,

> I just ran a YUM Update and received the following error:
> Running transaction
>   Installing : iptables-services-1.4.21-16.el7.x86_64 1/3
> warning: /etc/sysconfig/iptables created as /etc/sysconfig/iptables.rpmnew
>   Updating   : base-sitestats-scripts-2.0-1BX02.el7.noarch 2/3
> iptables v1.4.21: Couldn't load target `acctin':No such file or directory
>
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> iptables v1.4.21: Couldn't load target `acctout':No such file or directory
>
> What is causing it and how do I fix this?

See [BlueOnyx:19691]. In short: You can ignore these messages and it's
all good for you.

Your BlueOnyx 5209R already had a good /etc/sysconfig/iptables file
present. So the install of iptables-services did not overwrite that.
Which is what we wanted as the original BlueOnyx /etc/sysconfig/iptables
config file with the traffic accounting rules should be preserved.

As for the iptables error: You can ignore it in this context, as it was
a "one off" error that has no real consequences. The next run of the
cronjob /etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic takes care of that.