[BlueOnyx:19740] Re: 5209R YUM Updates (important!)

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 20 08:59:14 -05 2016

On 6/19/2016 9:44 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> My CATastrope? One of my cats had a digestive problem and took it out on
> the cable modem. Go figure. And it wasn't that lightweight stuff either,
> but rather that chunky industrial weight stuff. \o/

Ah, the issues that can befall us.

Recycled (or partially-recycled) cat-food is the worst.  Second only to
cat pee.

Our cats Tommy & Moose will often come visit the office, especially when
I travel out of town.  The office crew enjoys their presence (for the
most part).  Tommy thinks he is a dog and follows the techs into the
datacenter when they perform reboots and so forth.  Moose can't stand
the high noise-levels in the datacenter.

It's my experience that cats like to look for places to barf that
involve carpet, upholstery, or a pile of 'important things'.  Give them
a nice clean surface that would be easy to clean, and they'll avoid it
like the plague.  Therefore, the polished floor of the datacenter should
be cat-yak-proofed.   In the event they would decide to go ralf in the
datacenter, our routers are enclosed in a floor-to-ceiling cage.

At my house, however, my router lives under my desk in a mess of wires
on a carpeted floor.   Which given the recent developments seems like an
invitation to disaster.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services