[BlueOnyx:19345] CMU Import - append

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:15:38 -05 2016

Probably one for Michael but something useful to have in the archives.

If I want to move the vsites etc. on an old VPS onto an existing server (i.e. combine) what is the situation with MySQL?

No problem with the CMU and moving everything over but not sure on appending the MySQL databases to the existing rather than replacing as I would do with an upgrade.
There is stuff on the internet about appending databases but am concerned that we will have dupes ... i.e. for root etc.

Mainly the mysql database is my concern.

Thanks

Colin