[BlueOnyx:19359] Help with SSI & CGI on 5209R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 18 17:37:41 -05 2016

Yes, really, in 2016 I have a site utilizing SSI and CGI that we're
trying to pry across from a 5106R box.   We're now on 5209R.

What we have are some .html files with SSI "include virtual" calls in
them, and they are calling .pl scripts to rotate banners.

I've told Apache (via .htaccess) to parse .html for SSI.  That's working
fine.

Then we get to the CGI portion of the show, and the page will only output:

Curious because this pops up in the error log:
Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
/home/.sites/28/site1/web/banners/banner-dual.pl, referer:
http://www.a-website-would-go-here/articles/audio/cons/index.html

Indicating that the directive is off.  However, in the vhost config,
it's plain as day on:
<Directory /home/.sites/28/site1/web>
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
     Options +ExecCGI