[BlueOnyx:19367] Re: Help with SSI & CGI on 5209R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 18 21:18:13 -05 2016

On 3/18/2016 7:36 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> I stripped out pretty much all of the .htaccess file except for:
> Options +Includes
> order allow,deny
> AddType text/html .shtml
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
> AddHandler server-parsed .html
> AddHandler cgi-script .pl

So if I remove this from the vhost conf file, the pages will display
again, but still no parsing of the CGI.   Nothing in the logs, either.
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry

I've checked, and ModPerl::Registry is up to date (1.99).

So I'm left scratching my head a bit on this one.

Customer (understandably) will not approve cut-over unless the scripts
work, as that's the revenue source for the venture.

We also have a customer running a DEC Alpha over in a corner, so it
ain't exactly the most obsolete thing we touch.  My first instinct is to
say leave it behind and let some PHP do the heavy lifting, but that's
another argument for another day.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services