[BlueOnyx:19560] Re: Site migration from older non-prefix BlueOnyx

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 13 18:47:37 -05 2016

Hi Chuck,

> I'm wondering if on this newer 5209R server, if I open a site and put in a
> prefix -- will it modify all the existing users with that new prefix?  Or will
> it simply add that prefix to any new users added to that site??

It's the same on all versions of BlueOnyx. Regardless if the Vsite was
migrated or created on the server: If a Vsite has no prefix and you add
one: All new users will get created with the prefix. All existing users
of that Vsite will keep their old un-prefixed usernames.

> But it sure would be nice if there were a way to modify all users with
> the new prefix.

Yeah, I once thought about it. Sadly: It's a bit invasive. It breaks
user experience when people used to be able to poll emails and do FTP
with one username and then are forced to use another username instead.