[BlueOnyx:19571] Re: Lets Encrypt certificates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat May 14 23:19:35 -05 2016

Hi Ernie,

> Anyone managed to get the free Lets Encrypt automated SSL certficates
> working on BX vsites yet?
>
> If so, did you have to edit the renewal scripts?
> https://certbot.eff.org/

It all works out of the box via the "Let's Encrypt" option in the SSL
management in the BlueOnyx GUI on 5207R, 5208R and 5209R. That gets the
"Let's Encrypt" certificate installed. If you tick the checkbox for
automatic renewal, then the cert will also get replaced automatically
with a new one every 60 days.

I kept a close eye on it after this feature was introduced and so far it
worked (almost) without a hitch for me. I did have one Vsite where a
"web server alias"-problem threw a wrench into the automated renewal.
But once that was fixed it worked again.

If it's not working for you, then what are the problems or error
messages you encountered?