[BlueOnyx:19591] GreyListing and Outlook.com Email services AVspam

Rodrigo Ordoñez Licona rodrigo at xnet.mx
Thu May 19 11:00:24 -05 2016

Hi,

This has to do with Solarspeed AVSpam however the answer might be relevant
to other users in this list.

We have avspam On a Blueonyx 5208,

And several customers are complaining about the delays of greylisting.
We noticed that in the case of customers that are expecting to receive mail
from outlook email services.

Emails are being delivered to the 5208 server by Outlook email services lets
say IP x.x.x.x and gets rejected by greylisting and asked to try later
5minutes.

However : Outook email services retries 5 minutes later with IP y.y.y.y and
gets rejected for another 5 minutes and

This can turn into several retries that delay emails up to 24hours.

We do not have a list yet of all Microsoft(outlook.com) servers. To
whitelist them, but something similar has been happening to google email
services.

Does anyone have a suggestion to avoid this problem.

Is whitelisting outlook.com valid or a working solution.

regards

Rodrigo O
Xnet