[BlueOnyx:20149] Re: Web redirect to 444

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 11:04:20 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> You say it redirects to login.php? That must be BlueOnyx 5106R, 5107R or
> 5108R then, as the BlueOnyx with newer GUI would redirect to /login (without
> the *.php) instead.

Yes - this was a 5107 that I upgraded to 5207 when the new GUI came out.

> Generally the redirects to the GUI only happen if there is nothing else in
> httpd.conf that satisfies the request.
>
> Like:
>
> There are no ...
>
> Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site*
>
> ... lines at the bottom which contain <VirtualHost> containers with any FQDN
> (or alias) which would match the request.
>
> In that case the only match that will always trigger is the DocumentRoot
> /var/www/html/index.html, which redirects to port 444 of the GUI.
>
> Things to check:
>
> 1.) Does your httpd.conf have the Include lines at the bottom for the vhost
> subdirectories? Do these includes make sense? Check their syntax as well.

Yes - and these work fine. If I put in the IP address rather than the FQDN it opens the first vsite include.

> 2.) Is DNS resolution working on the server? Check /etc/resolv.conf and make
> sure your server can resolve DNS. Because if it can't, then Apache might not be
> able to determine if a VirtualHost should be served.

Yes, DNS is fine.

> Usually it's these two things where it goes amiss.

Thanks - I will have a further 'dig'.
It is not a deal breaker - it is just stopping me creating a Lets Encrypt cert because it can't find the path.
I can probably kludge that. ;)

Kind regards

Colin