[BlueOnyx:21562] Re: SMTP server going down, connection refused by milter-geoip

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 4 22:00:53 -05 2017

Hi Jeff,

> Been having an issue on a 5208R (av-spam installed, version 6.3.0-1
> where the SMTP server will stop. Happens multiple times in a day, every
> week or so. When I get to it, maillog has entries like:
>
> Dec  4 11:27:36 mail sendmail[5482]: vB4HMa56005482: Milter
> (milter-geoip): error connecting to filter: Connection timed out with
> /var/run/milter-geoip.sock

Please go to "Network Services" / "AV-SPAM" and in the "MySQL"-tab tick
the checkbox "Flush MySQL" and then hit "Save". That will reset the
AV-SPAM MySQL database tables. That might help.

> I eventually have to reboot the server, as restarting sendmail or the
> filter don’t work.

You don't have to reboot. You can restart all AV-SPAM components in an
orderly manner this way:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart

This command will show the status of them:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status