[BlueOnyx:21573] Dovecot mail_location settings

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Dec 12 16:55:51 -05 2017

Setting up a server for a domain we are hoping to host.
When using imapsync to copy over their mailboxes, I started
getting "Mailbox doesn't allow inferior mailboxes" errors.

Some googling shows this is due to the current mail_location
setting:  mail_location = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=mbox

and indicates it can be "fixed" by changing it to:
mail_location = maildir:~Maildir:LAYOUT=fs

My question being, what is this going to "break" and can it
be done with mail already on the server or best done "clean".

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net