[BlueOnyx:20682] Re: errors with yum and admin GUI

Maillists info at itsezy.com.au
Mon Feb 20 03:06:26 -05 2017

A couple of our servers (hosted with Virtbitz on Adventurine VPS) started having problems on Saturday night. We found that they were not resolving IP addresses correctly. As a quick fix, we changed /etc/resolv.conf to point to googles DNS servers and that seemed to solve the problem.
Also for some reason /etc/hosts of one machine was using the ip address of another to describe itself, causing mail looping errors. And /var/log/maillog (actually all the logs)  had turned themselves off.

Today we are having some different problems, small niggly things not part of BO, that don’t seem to be related.

Noel