[BlueOnyx:20704] Re: errors and issues

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Tue Feb 21 21:52:57 -05 2017

Hi all.

Some more info for you…

> On 22 Feb 2017, at 10:53 AM, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>> Like in this case. The mechanism for how access to iptables modules
>> inside a VPS works is no longer compatible as the config options for
>> that in vz.conf changed.
>

> If no NETFILTER line is in your VPS config (and any older VPS will not
> have this yet), then the default "stateless" is assumed. Which means: No
> access to NAT and contrack. And the APF needs contrack.

This was the boogie man that caused the issue. I mentioned in an earlier email that things were working when I turned off APF. It was the fact that the iptables modules were not available inside the VPS’s that ultimately caused the pain. The reboot and/or the setting for NETFILTER in each VPS is ultimately what fixed the issue. I don’t honestly know if both were needed - but if anyone else hits this issue - do both to be safe.

1. Update kernel (reboot to activate), and
2. Ensure you have an appropriate NETFILTER line in your VPS config’s.

GK